In times gone by, it took weeks to restore a tooth. Fast forward to 2018, and our patients can enjoy same day treatment. If you’re looking for a swift solution for dental damage, we may have the answer. With Cerec, we are able to create bespoke, high-quality restorations in a single session.
What exactly is Cerec?
Cerec is a form of advanced dental technology, which gives us the opportunity to offer same-day restorative treatment to our patients. Cerec technology enables us to complete every stage of the restoration process on-site, reducing treatment time from 2 weeks to a single day. Traditionally, when you need a new crown, your dentist will create an impression of your tooth, which is sent away to a laboratory. A dental technician will then craft a new crown and send it back, and your dentist will schedule an appointment to fit the crown. With Cerec, the process is much simpler. Cerec technology takes control of every phase, using camera images to create 3D models, which are transmitted to the on-site milling machine. The next step is to manufacture the bespoke restoration, which can then be fitted and secured.
The advantages of Cerec technology
There are several advantages of Cerec technology, including:
- Speed: Cerec enables us to carry out treatment in one session, rather than during 2-3 sessions 2-3 weeks apart
- Simplicity and convenience: the process is a lot simpler and more convenient for both dentists and patients
- No need for temporary restorations: with Cerec, a permanent restoration can be fitted straight away, with no need for temporary crowns
- Comfort: many people find the process of having impressions made unpleasant and uncomfortable. With Cerec, there’s no need for putty.
- Control and accuracy: Cerec gives dentists greater control over the process of making new restorations and it also improves accuracy and eliminates mistakes.
If you need a new crown, dental veneers, inlays or onlays, why not get in touch with us today and find out more about the wonders of Cerec technology?