Most of us want to enjoy a gleaming, glossy smile for as long as possible. If you’re keen to make your smile shine this summer, here are 5 brilliant brushing tips:
- Be gentle: brushing hard may seem like the best thing to do to get a good clean and polish, but if you brush aggressively, you can actually do harm than good. Brush gently to protect your enamel.
- Use a timer: it’s really important to do a thorough job when you brush, so set a timer or buy a brush with a timer to make sure you’re brushing for at least 2 minutes each time.
- Swap your brush every 3-4 months: if you’re brushing with a brush that has worn down bristles, you’re not going to achieve the same level of intensity as you would with a new brush. Swap the brush or the brush head every 3-4 months.
- Angle the head of the brush: when you’re cleaning your teeth, angle the brush head to enable you to clean along the gum line. This will ensure that you can clean the entire tooth.
- Clean between your teeth: the tiny cracks and gaps between your teeth can easily trap food and bacteria, so clean these areas with inter-dental brushes or dental floss.