Most of us would love to have a whiter, brighter smile. So, how do you achieve this? If you’re looking for ways to make your smile sparkle, here are 5 top tips.
- Brush up on dental hygiene: brushing is not just a way of clearing debris and bacteria from your mouth. It’s also an important method of cleaning and polishing your teeth. Make sure you brush twice a day for at least 2 minutes each time.
- Book a dental hygiene appointment: dental hygienists are experts in oral hygiene, and they provide intensive treatments, which blitz plaque and tartar, and give your teeth an incredible powerful clean. These techniques can also remove surface stains, making your smile look brighter and healthier.
- Consider tooth whitening: tooth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment, which lightens the shade of the tooth enamel. You can choose from in-chair treatments or at-home therapies, which are very convenient, especially if you have a busy schedule. If you’re looking for noticeable results, tooth whitening is usually the best option.
- Cut down on coffee: do you start your day with a cup of tea or coffee? Are you partial to a glass of wine? If so, your smile may be suffering. These foods are known to contain staining agents, which dull the whiteness of the teeth and increase the risk of discolouration.
- Give up smoking: smoking is one of the main causes of tooth staining. If you’d like help with quitting smoking, we are here for you. We understand that it’s not an easy process, but with our help, we are confident that you can do it!