Invisible braces, such as Invisalign braces, can be used by people of all ages if their dental needs and desires require this orthodontic approach. Having braces that are discreet and barely visible to others can help children and adults have their teeth straightened in the most comfortable way.
Invisible braces help children
Children can be bullied at school because of differences such as having crooked teeth or wearing visible braces that look like a set of train tracks. Other kids may call these youngsters names and even go as far as causing physical harm, not to mention long-lasting emotional scars and anxiety.
Social situations where children can wear braces include:
- During school hours and when out and about for educational field trips or projects.
- For sports and recreational activities, or artistic endeavors.
- At Prize Giving, parent-child events and celebrations for Halloween, Easter and Christmas.
- Visits to the library or computer assessment centres.
Giving your child invisible braces can have immense benefits besides straightening their teeth for improved oral health. Invisible braces can give children a sense of confidence and self-acceptance when their feelings about their self and appearance is most vulnerable. Feeling accepted by peers in social settings is crucial for developing identity, strong self-image and independence.
Invisible braces help adults
There are also times when adults would prefer to wear braces discreetly, so no-one knows they are having dental treatment. This can be for various reasons:
- Forming good first impressions that last and count, such as for job interviews and first dates.
- For comfort and confidence in leisure activities, like attending a spa or events while on holiday.
- Not having to worry about food appearing on the front of your brace while having a meal with family, friends or business associates.
- Where others may be opinionated and think you don’t need teeth straightening or that it’s a sign of vanity.
- Avoiding being laughed at by adults at work or by adults and children when out in public.
Invisible braces are the solution you need for happiness and beauty – regardless of your age!